GLENORCHY GRAVEL GRIND 2023 – WITHDRAWAL, CANCELLATION AND RACE RULES
If you register for any of the Glenorchy Gravel Grind 2023 you must agree with the terms and conditions below:
If you cannot participate in the event entry fee refunds can be requested up until 5pm, 15 September 2023 to receive 50% of their entry fee. All entry fees are non-refundable after this and we cannot refund entry fees after this date. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser by emailing [email protected]
It is the sole responsibility to the participant to ensure the Glenorchy Gravel Grind event organisation has received your communication. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of this request, please call us on 021 02303775. Please allow up to 7-14 days for your refund to be processed. If you are unable to attend, please ensure you notify us promptly so that we can withdraw you and you do not get entered as a DNS (did not start).
Participants may request to transfer their entry to someone else up until 5pm, Friday 29 September 2023. The Participant wishing to transfer must notify the event organisation via [email protected], pay a $25 transfer fee and provide the name and contact details of the replacement rider. We will then make contact with the replacement rider in order to officiate the transfer.
If you are wishing to change your course, participants can request this up until 5pm, 29th September 2023 by contacting [email protected] . We will then make the necessary adjustments.
If you wish to change from the Gravel Grind to the Paradise Dash option you can get 50% refund on the difference of the cost. After 29th September – no refund available.
If you wish to change from the Paradise Dash option to the Gravel Grind you will need to pay the full cost difference in the category price at the time you are making the change.
If the event is cancelled by the organisers at any time for any reason, including an extreme weather event, all entrants will receive a full refund including their booking fee from our booking system.
Deferring an entry to the following year is not an option for this inaugural event.
- Registration: Only registered riders are allowed to participate in the event.
- Compliance with Instructions: Attend pre-race briefings and follow all instructions. Respect the guidance of volunteers and marshals throughout the event.
- Respect for the Environment: Riders must not litter or leave any rubbish on the course. Dispose of trash only at designated aid stations. Violators will be disqualified. Respect the course’s integrity to minimize environmental impact.
- Self-Sufficiency: Carry necessary repairs and equipment with you; no outside support allowed during the race. Race organisers have no responsibility to fix your bike.
- Time Limits: Strictly adhere to cut-off times to ensure safety for riders and staff.
- Withdrawal Protocol: If withdrawing from the race, promptly inform a Race Marshal.
- Device Usage: iPods/headphones are not allowed due to potential emergency vehicle movement.
- Equipment Regulations: Bikes must be well-maintained with good tires and brakes. Professional pre-event bike checks are recommended.
- Helmet Safety: Wear NZ Standards approved cycle helmets at all times while on the course.
- E-Bike Regulations: Pedal Assisted E-Bikes are allowed on the Glenorchy Gravel Dash Course only. No drafting for E-Bikes; finish times will be recorded, but no prizes awarded.
- Bike Changes and Drafting: No bike changes during the race. Riders must not draft more than two abreast.
- Race Director’s Authority: The Race Directors reserve the right to withdraw distressed competitors and those not capable of completing the event.
- Integrity of the Event: Breaches affecting the event’s reputation will result in disqualification.
- Substance Abuse: Riders found under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be banned from future events.
- Respecting Road Rules: Riders will obey all NZ road rules when riding and racing on public roads. No road closures will be in place. While cycling, maintain a single-file formation if obstructing traffic, ride no more than two abreast, stay left, avoid crossing the road center line, and adhere to the designated course.
- Assisting Fellow Participants: If you encounter an injured participant, you must stop to ensure their well-being. If medical support is needed, stay with them and report to the nearest marshal.
- Time Adjustments for Assistance: Participants stopping to assist injured riders will receive time adjustments based on their average speed.
- Race Director’s Discretion: The race director holds the right to disqualify for rule violations and credit time for aiding injured participants.
- Event Alterations: The race director may alter or cancel the event for safety reasons, weather conditions, or other factors affecting the event’s nature.
- Food & Water: Riders must carry their own nutrition and plenty of water to be self-sufficient, not relying on aid-stations.
- Liability: Event Organisers are not responsible for any liability, loss (including indirect or consequential loss) or damages arising from your participation in the event.
- Photography, Filming, Media: I grant to ORGANISER, its affiliates, designees and assignees the right and permission to photograph, film, record and/or otherwise capture in any media the name, image, voice, written statement, photograph and/or visual likeness of me and/or my family members (collectively “images”), with right to sublicense, during the activities of the Glenorchy Gravel Grind, without compensation, for use for any purpose in any media throughout the world in perpetuity, including but not limited to use in broadcasts, photographs, publications, podcasts, webcasts, motion pictures, social media, brochures, and any commercial media.